Newest Member
    Dano62
Huge Damaging Nor'easter Obs

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, White Rain said:

I think it's just a matter of time until we are all pelting/raining down in SNE. Still the models had like almost 0 snow so it's still a nice bust even if it only amounts to an extra 1-3".

Well the GFS/Euro did have some snow for our area and into NE MA. It isn't totally unexpected...the NAM was def too warm, at least for the first part of this event. But yeah, def nice to get some snow even if it isn't going to be a huge event. Just hurts a bit looking at the radar and thinking what could have been.

But then again, we were supposed to be debating highs of 58 vs 43 around this time during the crappy pattern, so this is kind of gravy anyway.

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Man, this would be a beast of a snow event if we had another 1-2C in the column to work with:

Jan23_1020pmRadar.gif

Pretty much would have gotten most posters here in on a good, widespread snow event. 

Back to 50/50 SN/PL here.   Very impressive event to experience vs the past few days of lamenting the mid-level warmths wrath.

I'm pretty blown away when I'm 50% sleet and vis is under .25mi  lol. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You can see the banded and non uniform nature to the echoes too. The models did show the varying lift.

Yeah I said that earlier because it rarely works out well in this area. Radar is starting to get that "popcorn" look. The GFS did peg the ORH/CEF area and that seems to be about right as to who is getting the best lift so far. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

KFIT with 1/2 SN now...def a decent snow over N ORH county...in ORH itself, it is teetering...goes from almost all snow to maybe 50/50 at times.

That is what is happening here within intervals of just minutes.  Currently flipping from 50/50 to mostly PL then to SN+ and then back to mix.  Wild!

Clearing is going to suck tomorrow.  Lift w/ the knees. lol

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That CF may slowly sag south. My winds are definitely more 040-050 after being more easterly earlier. 

Definitely cooling on the N side of it, steady drop here since 930. Down to 29.3F. Still near the MA/NH border up this way looking at the meso stations

We have snow and blowing snow here in Ayer and it's been that way for about an hour and a half. 

we had about 40 minutes of sleet but now it's all synoptic snow and blowing snow ...can see it blowing off the roof tops and everything. May not last ...who knows. I stopped following this thing couple days ago. 

Archived