Newest Member
    joxey
Huge Damaging Nor'easter Obs

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

From my partner who is driving up from Nashua, there is a coating there but nothing on radar I can see.

It's been snowing in Epping since 2 pm, at a moderate clip despite nothing showing up on radar... 

I believe most areas in SE NH have been seeing light to moderate snow with <1" so far...

11 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

From my partner who is driving up from Nashua, there is a coating there but nothing on radar I can see.

Its all low level forcing so the beams shooting over it by the time it gets to NH. The bos tdwr radar picks it up better but that doesn't get too far into NH

15 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it could end up colder than progged. Synoptically this is the type of setup that it happens in most frequently. I would watch very closely tomorrow at the real time data vs model progs. 

The EURO is odd....cooled, but yet less snowfall.

Hmmm....anyway, I'm not straying much from first call.

34.1/32

S-

Had a solid coating when I left this morning, but its gone because I it torched up to 38* at midday.

28 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Some pretty heavy bursts coming in pulses. Roads pretty much covered. Pushing 1"+ 

I'm pretty happen I didn't miss this completely by focusing on the main storm itself. 

I updated mid morning to increase PoP to likely in a band of OES. Now I was off on how much it would accumulate. I think I only had a half inch going this morning, but had to update to 1.5" with the afternoon package.

Just now, dendrite said:

Yeah. I'm trying to follow the northern edge that shows up on radar back southwestward. My mom texted and said no snow yet in Hooksett, but MHT is 2SM. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there was even a little enhancement in the hills west of Milford or something like that.

2 minutes ago, geo1 said:

So what happens when the main deal arrives? Do we get enhanced OES or does the stuff moving north shut it off? And we go right over to mix/ rain. Sorry for the newbie question, at least it has had a wintry appeal here pretty much all day.

As long as you have a cold low level and some lift there you could get some flakes, but the forcing and temps aloft will far and away be the dominant ptype later.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

As long as you have a cold low level and some lift there you could get some flakes, but the forcing and temps aloft will far and away be the dominant ptype later.

Thanks, it was nice having flakes in the air all day anyways.

Archived