• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Predictions

Weatherexpert

Everything I see points to dateline ridging and a SE ridge (albeit not too strong) trying to develop. So, Nina basically.  I am hoping higher heights over the pole region and into NE greenland will help pin the vortex closer to Hudson Bay and tone down the ridge over the SE.  Unfortunately anti-blocking continues despite what weenies might hear on twitter. Hopefully it's a decent month.

On Sat Jan 21 2017 at 8:52 AM, CoastalWx said:

Everything I see points to dateline ridging and a SE ridge (albeit not too strong) trying to develop. So, Nina basically.  I am hoping higher heights over the pole region and into NE greenland will help pin the vortex closer to Hudson Bay and tone down the ridge over the SE.  Unfortunately anti-blocking continues despite what weenies might hear on twitter. Hopefully it's a decent month.

Sounds like more of the same piss-ant events.

On 1/25/2017 at 1:10 AM, ice1972 said:

It's time to take the medicine and move on......Winter 2016-17 < Every other winter

Jesus 

You're obviously not that old if you think this winter is worse than every other winter.  We've certainly had worse.  For starters, how about a 1980 or 2002 where CT got less than 20" of snow?  In 2002 my lowest temp for the entire winter was 9°.  This winter I've been lower than that a dozen times and below zero four times.  I've also had over 26" of snow so on that basis alone, this winter blows 2002 (at least for me) out of the water.

I'm not saying it's a great winter (it's not) but blanket statements like that just don't represent the truth.

4 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

You're obviously not that old if you think this winter is worse than every other winter.  We've certainly had worse.  For starters, how about a 1980 or 2002 where CT got less than 20" of snow?  In 2002 my lowest temp for the entire winter was 9°.  This winter I've been lower than that a dozen times and below zero four times.  I've also had over 26" of snow so on that basis alone, this winter blows 2002 (at least for me) out of the water.

I'm not saying it's a great winter (it's not) but blanket statements like that just don't represent the truth.

I didn't live here then but you're right.....it may not be The Worst but its pretty bad and everyone should take their medicine pronto......I'll be wearing shorts in a few short weeks

40 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

EPS reversed the bad turn yesterday and now looks great again 11-15 with massive ridging into AK and -EPO

Yeah 12Z was a tad depressing at the end of the run but that's gone.  Still, it seems like our window is next week and the week after.

Isn't this a prediction thread,lol just saw the title.  I predict I will turn 60 in Feb. with any luck, I am cautious of volcanic activities across the globe but verbatim it would still work. I am not a classic by any means. Oh weather yea it will snow in the first two weels, Presidents day too.

21 hours ago, HeatMizer said:

Remember the winter of 2014 -2015 we had about 10 inches of snow up until the Superbowl. After the Patriots won we ended up with 108.6"  by time March rolled around. There is only one caveat, Thee Pats have to win !!!  See graph !!!

BOSsnowfall-1024x670.png

I love that graph. The slope is just deliciously insane.

On 1/27/2017 at 10:58 AM, HeatMizer said:

Remember the winter of 2014 -2015 we had about 10 inches of snow up until the Superbowl. After the Patriots won we ended up with 108.6"  by time March rolled around. There is only one caveat, Thee Pats have to win !!!  See graph !!!

BOSsnowfall-1024x670.png

I'll take the over this year.

Wish me luck.

4 hours ago, Hoth said:

Very true. The Superbowl was closer to the mega-SWFE. Still great association in my mind, like the '02 AFC Championship snowstorm.

I kept saying that at least I have a snowstorm to look forward to after they lined up on the 1 yard line thinking Lynch would run it in. The rest is history lol. Kind of funny that 05 and 15 had the best winters of my life too. Funny story about 05, there was still A ton of snow OTG on SB Sunday. With a case a beer, a few of us dug a massive lot in my buddies yard to park cars for his SB party, lol. 

Archived