Newest Member
    joxey
Gnarly Nor'easter 1/24 to 1/25/17 our favorite week

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There is also a cstl front just east of the coastline and is the reason why the rainfall may be prolific in those areas. I think the strongest winds are probably offshore..IE Cape Cod.  It will be windy in cstl areas, but I think the NE flow may cause less mixing. At least that's what seems hinted on the models.

Fully expecting 2-3"+ with gusts in the mid 40s.  May as well have this if it ain't gonna blizzard out.

Some downsloping in the valley probably screws us around HFD/BDL as we'll roast the boundary layer a bit. Probably melting pingers. 

I do think 1-2" of sleet around BDL is a possibility - especially just NW of there... with 2"-6" Litchfield Hills.

Maybe 1" of slop/sleet here around Hartford? 

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Some downsloping in the valley probably screws us around HFD/BDL as we'll roast the boundary layer a bit. Probably melting pingers. 

I do think 1-2" of sleet around BDL is a possibility - especially just NW of there... with 2"-6" Litchfield Hills.

Maybe 1" of slop/sleet here around Hartford? 

6" of sleet?   That would be something

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Sleet and snow up there. Probably a bit of both.

It looks like the EURO is -1ish at 700, right around 0 at 850, and -1 at 925, 2m is between 33-34 during the heaviest 6 hr period in northern Fairfield...thoughts on here? Heavy sleet with some mangled flakes to rain?

Archived