Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big Noreaster Rain/wind/wet snow thread 1/22-1/23

Ji

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mappy said:

I'll have a good chuckle if the usual favorable areas end up with a decent event after all is said and done. 

It's simply going to come down to how the banding sets up overnight.  Now that some of the models are coming around to a tightly wound system with better banding under the upper low, we have a shot.  If we get some heavier bands between about 10pm and 6am tomorrow as the upper low crosses the area we would flip to snow and could pick up some accumulation.  It's still a long shot but more like a 4th and 10 not 4th and 50 now.  

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It's simply going to come down to how the banding sets up overnight.  Now that some of the models are coming around to a tightly wound system with better banding under the upper low, we have a shot.  If we get some heavier bands between about 10pm and 6am tomorrow as the upper low crosses the area we would flip to snow and could pick up some accumulation.  It's still a long shot but more like a 4th and 10 not 4th and 50 now.  

The banding is the key. We could even flip to snow earlier. Maybe some similarities up here to 3/31/14. Temp here is 37 now.

7 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

The banding is the key. We could even flip to snow earlier. Maybe some similarities up here to 3/31/14. Temp here is 37 now.

How did Manchester do that storm?  I was in PA that year.  

ETA:  I think we could definitely mix with snow during heavier banding earlier, maybe this evening, but our window to possibly accumulate would be if we got convective type banding under the upper low tonight.  

2 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

8-9 on the highest ridges. 7 at my house. Awesome event.

Probably would have been a favorite of mine, I love wet mashed potato snowstorms where the snow sticks to everything and piles up uniform without all the blowing and drifting around.  The only down side to being up on this ridge is the wind can sometimes be crazy and blow a lot of the snow into huge drifts and leave bare ground in other places up here.  

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Snowing at Snowshoe as well for what it is worth.

Yup, coming down good at the bast at 3,800ft with the ground getting white.

https://www.snowshoemtn.com/media-room/snowshoe-basin-live-cam

...and, it's a very windy near whiteout up at the top at 4,800ft.

https://www.snowshoemtn.com/media-room/skidder-slope-live-cam

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived