SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Severe Weather Risk This Weekend

Jim Martin

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like somebody else almost or did get hit already today...

Brett Adair

15 mins ·

Prayers for a couple of friends of mine who had a very close call with the Albany, GA tornado just a bit ago...not naming any names...but that thing was a beast and much of the south side of town is a wreck. Continues on the ground well east of there now.

4 minutes ago, Buckeye05 said:

Storm mode not looking overwhelmingly impressive atm. Still a long way to go though. 

I would agree with this, hard to get long sustained updrafts with such a messy storm mode. But as the one cell has shown, if these storms get some space they can easily drop a monster. Just crazy helicity across the SE right now

1 minute ago, Calderon said:

I mean, for the sake of the mets at the SPC and local WFOs, they kind of need it to verify in order to justify such crazy hype and warning. 

lots of places have been under the gun for many rounds; the far removed keyboard warriors might call it a bust, but most of the affected public will remember this as a pretty terrifying system, especially once they consume some more of the pics from places like adel, albany, hattiesburg, etc.  i really dont think complacency or lack of trust in the media would be an issue, even if things don't ramp up.

Being I have family in FL right now in the middle of the C FL PDS, I've got no issue with any of what was done today. This day wasn't hype to begin with, ****, there's already 16 dead with this system, and today looks the strongest of them all. They're taking it very seriously down there, if that's what it took, so be it.

1 minute ago, cmasty1978 said:

lots of places have been under the gun for many rounds; the far removed keyboard warriors might call it a bust, but most of the affected public will remember this as a pretty terrifying system, especially once they consume some more of the pics from places like adel, albany, hattiesburg, etc.  i really dont think complacency or lack of trust in the media would be an issue, even if things don't ramp up.

It only takes one storm.  Take for example April 24, 2010 with that extremely long track tornado in a high risk area and that was the only major storm during that day.

2 minutes ago, cmasty1978 said:

Yep couldn't said it better and in the complexity that you had several radars down earlier today and many without power in southern GA from last night's storms. Completely justified plus the event isn't over.

Archived