1/17-1/18 Paste Job/ Icy Mix obs

CT Valley Snowman

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We'll call it 4.4" / 0.37"

still snizzling.

Now that I'm home, looks like 3.5" will be the backyard total here.  Though there has been another tenth since 4:30pm with occasional -SHSN.

I'm guessing probably around a third of an inch of liquid, which was modeled quite well here with just over 0.5" modeled for the ski area on most High res runs.  

I thought the models did a good job up here overall.

32 minutes ago, weathafella said:

What a miserable day in most of SNE!   

Yea short end of the stick on this one. Would have been nice to see 60 like some thought last week.  I was told GGW when I proposed yesterday and today would be crappie, remember Kev? I am happy for the CNE crew including Eyeores but wish I was wrong about not seeing 50s and 60s all week. 

Not sure what we finished with but it was the most wintery day we've had this season. It snowed for nearly 24 hours straight. Granted it didn't amount to much as rates were low and accums were offset by daytime melting. We prob finished with 3-5" around here. This morning's drive into work was breathtaking with everything coated in a thick paste. It certainly felt like the thick of winter despite the AN temp pattern...

Archived