Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mayhem III!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Meh... it looks like the low pretty much travels across southern VT and NH. If it doesn't get underneath us... I don't think anyone is going to see more than a C-1. Maybe someone pulls 2"

Looks better for VT and NH

Lol...not exactly 

Do you know that if you are male and you live long enough ... you WILL get prostate cancer?  It's an imperfect organ in males where modern life spans out last it's necessity. The prostate tends to trap testosterone, a powerful male hormone that we all need to be ...well, male, but also has a carcinogenic effect if concentrated anywhere in the body for any extended length of time.

In addition to that useless piece of information...  I did start a new model-based thread ... I meant to mention it earlier but ended up on the phone with my pop, who turns 77 in three days.   

77 ...man. 

Anyway, I see a different sort of pattern evolution that we are perhaps closer to the doorstep of ...so I figured (if no objections) it's as good as any time for a fresh trajectory.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nice solid shovelable event 

Don't think I'd go that far but the vort energy was south of us so I'd probably forecast more than virga and flurries. 

Anyways, kind of irrelevant right now. Still a day or two until guidance probably figures it out. 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Do you know that if you are male and you live long enough ... you WILL get prostate cancer?  It's an imperfect organ in males where modern life spans out last it's necessity. The prostate tends to trap testosterone, a powerful male hormone that we all need to be ...well, male, but also has a carcinogenic effect if concentrated anywhere in the body for any extended length of time.

In addition to that useless piece of information...  I did start a new model-based thread ... I meant to mention it earlier but ended up on the phone with my pop, who turns 77 in three days.   

77 ...man. 

Anyway, I see a different sort of pattern evolution that we are perhaps closer to the doorstep of ...so I figured (if no objections) it's as good as any time for a fresh trajectory.

Prostate is no joke. Don't ignore it. My dad has the slow growing prostate cancer at 72. The doctor said he will probably die of old age and not have to worry about it. There still is a chance it could spread. Our neighbor went from a clean prostate exam to having extremely aggressive cancer that had spread to his lungs and bones at his next exam. He was dead in 8 months. 

9 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

of all those ratter winters I think 88-89, 90-91 and 91-92 where I was in central ct were about the worst, although 84-85 was pretty bad too....91-92 did not feature an event over 4 inches, 84-85 had one 5 inch event

90-91 and 88-89 while both horrific did both have 1 6-7 inch event

'88-'89 was the worst...we actually had some decent cold around for a while but just couldn't buy a storm...then the massive Feb 24-25 bust happened to top it off. At least in some of the early 90s years we were torched and had no chance anyway. We had the surprise 5-6" of wet snow on Mar 24-25, 1989 but that was it for anything notable...unless you count the 4" of sand we had in the Feb bust that sublimated in a week. 

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

77 ...man. 

My dad turned 82 Last December.

Archived