Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem III!

Typhoon Tip

31 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

The 18z GFS is keying in on the southern stream disturbance energy in the sub tropical jet stream, if ridging gets better out west, we could be in for a better Monday coastal storm.  We still have 84-96 hours left before it comes.

Monday? It looks like crap this run. The vorticity is all strung out with no consolidated max. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Monday? It looks like crap this run. The vorticity is all strung out with no consolidated max. 

I just have to ask...what does James look at to come up with the ideas that he has?

He says the system for Monday looks better, And then a MET chimes in and completely says the opposite of what he just said lol. 

I mean is he just wishcasting these ideas? Cuz according to him, every system looks good, or is looking better.  I'm at a loss for words for what James is seeing(or not seeing).??

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I just have to ask...what does James look at to come up with the ideas that he has?

He says the system for Monday looks better, And then a MET chimes in and completely says the opposite of what he just said lol. 

I mean is he just wishcasting these ideas? Cuz according to him, every system looks good, or is looking better.  I'm at a loss for words for what James is seeing(or not seeing).??

Yes JD, the southern stream system is getting more and more involved every run on the GFS, the question then becomes do they phase the northern stream and southern streams together, or do they stay separate?

GFS shows a better Wednesday system, but the Monday system is closer to us, so therefore needs more of our time, such a dynamic upper level trough in place, problem is the axis is tilted positively.

The shortwave that impacts our southern stream system comes through the northern stream into the northern US around hour 18, so within 18 hours we will have a better understanding of the dynamics at play.  If by hour 18 comes along and provides no changes, I will let this system go.

There are multiple shortwaves coming off the Pacific Ocean into British Columbia that is keeping the PNA ridging subdued and unable to amplify, giving a less amplified trough even though the disturbance is diving all the way to the Gulf of Mexico.  I think the models are being too progressive with the pacific shortwaves and will not allow the PNA ridge to amplify enough to impact the downstream troughing over the eastern US.  This will need to change.

Also that PV north of Quebec, Canada is retrograding towards Hudson Bay, Canada, what if it is supposed to be further west than currently modeled, the baroclinic zone wouldn't be as far replaced as it is currently modeled.  We need to watch any changes in the H5 synoptic scale setup features.

I honestly like the Wednesday system more, but I can't just stop keeping an eye on the Monday system for any surprises.

20 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I honestly like the Wednesday system more, but I can't just stop keeping an eye on the Monday system for any surprises.

Fair enough James.

BTW, JB says if the Euro weeklies forecast of the EPO going positive is right in 2.5 weeks, then it's the kiss of death for winter lol!!  

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Do you really have to ask? He's basically seeing what he thinks or wants to happen

the actual analysis is Monday looks like crap... and it looked a bit better for Wednesday 

What is wrong with you Ray?  You seriously have a complex.  I am just giving my thoughts.  If you have a problem with that go away.  Seriously.  If I don't want to read people's thoughts on here because you are talking politics I just go somewhere else.  Its that simple.  Anyways I like the 00z NAM look, getting closer to something serious for Monday.

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

What is wrong with you Ray?  You seriously have a complex.  I am just giving my thoughts.  If you have a problem with that go away.  Seriously.  If I don't want to read people's thoughts on here because you are talking politics I just go somewhere else.  Its that simple.  Anyways I like the 00z NAM look, getting closer to something serious for Monday.

Your rapid fire BS analysis is extremely aggravating. Take the time to learn,  abd post less. If you can't take the time to do that, then piss off.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Your rapid fire BS analysis is extremely aggravating. Take the time to learn,  abd post less. If you can't take the time to do that, then piss off.

I'm learning everyday Ray, which is why the Pattern screams potential.  If I said we have a potent northern stream shortwave potential and the coastal could develop on Monday than I would take that pattern and run with it.  But you see the negative potential all the time, you can't be positive than there is something wrong within you.

7 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I'm learning everyday Ray, which is why the Pattern screams potential.  If I said we have a potent northern stream shortwave potential and the coastal could develop on Monday than I would take that pattern and run with it.  But you see the negative potential all the time, you can't be positive than there is something wrong within you.

If you simply want to be positive, attend a motivational interviewing seminar.

This is a weather forum, where meteorology is discussed.

-Positivity at the expense of objectivity is stupidity-

9 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

The actual analysis you people need to understand for Monday goes like this: "The pattern is close to producing something greater than modeled."

There is a distinct difference between factual/objective analysis and wishcasting.  Your not being objective with your analysis of what the models are showing.  We're not trying to diminish your thoughts but we will point out when you are inaccurate.

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

A nice little science project: Gather your many thoughts recorded here over time, link them to to their more or less non-existent verification, and then swear off thinking until further notice.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If you simply want to be positive, attend a motivational interviewing seminar.

This is a weather forum, where meteorology is discussed.

-Positivity at the expense of objectivity is stupidity-

Positivity around here is only going to burn you around here. If only because climo says big events are not likely. 

And if you keep looking for those warning events you end up like Eyewall, walking the streets of Burlington looking for a poodle to punt.

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Positivity around here is only going to burn you around here. If only because climo says big events are not likely. 

And if you keep looking for those warning events you end up like Eyewall, walking the streets of Burlington looking for a poodle to punt.

This works fine for me

gfs_6hr_snow_acc_boston_27.png

Archived