joxey
Model Mayhem III!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Stop it. Just stop.

Lol. He was fine until he pulled the 1978 blizzard card out. The response I quoted was actually a decent read of the pattern. It's a shame he had to revert to his "it's gonna be a monster apocalyptic blizzard with every s/w" approach. Sigh...

29 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Definitely, its a definite miller B system which needs to be watched.  It reminds me of the upper level pattern that the 1978 Blizzard developed from.

Dude. What the heck? This isn't going to morph into a 1978 redux. Let's not get too dramatic now...lol. 

3 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Ok, how on earth did pointing out some storm potential between 1/30 and 2/2 turn into the second coming of Feb 1978? JGW

GGEM looks a bit better as well. Just keep sharpening that trough

It's all or nothing with James. Full guns blazing. 

Anyway back to reality, there is a chance at system forming near the eastern seaboard. How close and depth is several days away from determination. 

Look at the H5 setup, the shortwave trough disturbance that triggers the East Coast storm comes from central Canada into the Eastern Great Lakes over Lake Erie into the MId Atlantic states and then off the Eastern Seaboard, same track the upper level shortwave took to spawn the Great Blizzard of 1978, I didn't say it was the same thing, I said it was similar.  Large blizzard or bust type of pattern with this system.

12 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Look at the H5 setup, the shortwave trough disturbance that triggers the East Coast storm comes from central Canada into the Eastern Great Lakes over Lake Erie into the MId Atlantic states and then off the Eastern Seaboard, same track the upper level shortwave took to spawn the Great Blizzard of 1978, I didn't say it was the same thing, I said it was similar.  Large blizzard or bust type of pattern with this system.

The '78 blizzard had a 1050 high in Manitoba and miller B coming down after a 2 week cold siege.  Stop acting like you're 9.

35 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Lol. He was fine until he pulled the 1978 blizzard card out. The response I quoted was actually a decent read of the pattern. It's a shame he had to revert to his "it's gonna be a monster apocalyptic blizzard with every s/w" approach. Sigh...

You never know though. That would make up for this awful winter for sure. 

Archived