Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mayhem III!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

Judah is gonna bust hard too.  I wonder if Harvey doesn't have him back on next year?

I made my mind up last year that it is just another indicator...it does hold significance, but it isn't the all-encompassing metric that it was being portrayed as.

My opinion is that it all relates back to the sun.

No but I remember it on channel 5.  If all he predicted was AO state I would have had no interest in it, but harvey asked at the end of the interview what his snowfall predictions were for the area and he said 75".  Harvey didn't seem that impressed with the prediction when some of the on air people mentioned it.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Are you sure?  Do you have a link or video for that?

4 hours ago, 8611Blizz said:

No but I remember it on channel 5.  If all he predicted was AO state I would have had no interest in it, but harvey asked at the end of the interview what his snowfall predictions were for the area and he said 75".  Harvey didn't seem that impressed with the prediction when some of the on air people mentioned it.

You are correct. He had 75" for Boston.

14 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

January 30/31st looks to favor East Coast cyclogenesis, and snowstorm potential, very dynamic upper level trough.

I tend to agree. That is the time to watch. It's a week out but it's been trending ever so slowly to something of more concern. We'll see.   

5 minutes ago, Hazey said:

I tend to agree. That is the time to watch. It's a week out but it's been trending ever so slowly to something of more concern. We'll see.   

Definitely, its a definite miller B system which needs to be watched.  It reminds me of the upper level pattern that the 1978 Blizzard developed from.

Archived