Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Model Mayhem III!

Typhoon Tip

21 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I'd pay some damn good money to see that verify.... rain into NH and Maine while NYC gets a blizzard.  

The melts would be epic 

We already had that happen on feb 25, 2010. The wind stole the show in NE though rather than melts. It was sick. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

The wind here even sucked...total BS here! 

Ya, I hate to even think about that winter..was on the 1-2 inch end of every single one of those snowmageddon systems...might as well been at the North Pole. Then that one,  it pours here, and NYC GETS 2feet plus. 

Frustration to the Max!! 

We do not speak of that winter. Ever.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Two good storms that winter. We've had way worse. 

Snow was pretty much average here. Missing many of the feb events sucked but yeah, we've had far worse. 

That winter produced a great melt in the MLK storm by Kevin. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Snow was pretty much average here. Missing many of the feb events sucked but yeah, we've had far worse. 

That winter produced a great melt in the MLK storm by Kevin. 

Yeah I think the sting of missing 2KUs hurt, but I'd take that winter over some recent ratters for sure. 

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya, I hate to even think about that winter..was on the 1-2 inch end of every single one of those snowmageddon systems...might as well been at the North Pole. Then that one,  it pours here, and NYC GETS 2feet plus. 

Frustration to the Max

Sounds like a good chunk of 2014-15, lol.  And 2012-13.  And 2013-14?  It all blends together after missing so many big east coast snowstorms lol.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Are there any snow threats out thru end of month? Been away all day.. How about that threat we had on the 28th?

28th hasn't looked that good for a while now. But there's hints at the 30th and maybe feb 1-2 lookin at ensembles. Nothing sticks out as obvious though. Pattern is pretty decent though so I wouldn't be surprised if a more defined threat materialized. Similar type patterns in the past have produced a lot of events just looking at the analogs. 

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

28th hasn't looked that good for a while now. But there's hints at the 30th and maybe feb 1-2 lookin at ensembles. Nothing sticks out as obvious though. Pattern is pretty decent though so I wouldn't be surprised if a more defined threat materialized. Similar type patterns in the past have produced a lot of events just looking at the analogs. 

After looking at stuff here , it Seems like we'll have to rely on clippers / N stream stuff for any real chances. It's been 2 weeks since I've seen snow. This has been one of the worst snow droughts in a long time for Jan

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I think the sting of missing 2KUs hurt, but I'd take that winter over some recent ratters for sure. 

Though 09-10 was statistically better than 15-16, they're about tied for subjective terribleness for me.  Nary a flake from Dec 19-20, Feb 5-6, Feb 9-10 KUs, then the absolute ugliest 10" snowfall I ever hope to see - 10.7" of 4:1 mashed potatoes over the 4-day event, stuff so wet the descending clumps wouldn't stay even on big branches but splattered off.  About 3/4 thru the snow, we had over 1" of 33-34 rain/catpaws on NE winds (never strong here) while NYC was low 20s snowicane, then 2"+ more slop.  With my snowblower kaput, moving that glop, which became 2.5-to-1 with the rain, reminded me of handling concrete on a floor pour.  Also recorded 46 consecutive AN days, Feb. 8-Mar 25, nearly twice as long as any other consecutive departure streak in my records. 

7 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Though 09-10 was statistically better than 15-16, they're about tied for subjective terribleness for me.  Nary a flake from Dec 19-20, Feb 5-6, Feb 9-10 KUs, then the absolute ugliest 10" snowfall I ever hope to see - 10.7" of 4:1 mashed potatoes over the 4-day event, stuff so wet the descending clumps wouldn't stay even on big branches but splattered off.  About 3/4 thru the snow, we had over 1" of 33-34 rain/catpaws on NE winds (never strong here) while NYC was low 20s snowicane, then 2"+ more slop.  With my snowblower kaput, moving that glop, which became 2.5-to-1 with the rain, reminded me of handling concrete on a floor pour.  Also recorded 46 consecutive AN days, Feb. 8-Mar 25, nearly twice as long as any other consecutive departure streak in my records. 

Yup.  The year of the elephant.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We can't buy a -NAO for the life of us.

Yeah...no dice this year. But I've seen people post it over the past couple of years when we get one of those phantom -4SD d15 progs. Metfan comes in and posts it all excitedly and then we get a reply or two of the aforementioned. In the end it verifies as a transient -1SD at best.

Archived