joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 17/18 Paste Job

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the past 3-4 days this event has (for my area) progressed thru:  RA - RA starting as ZR - IP/ZR/RA - Rain/snow mix - mostly paste - all snow - am I too far north?

Whatever the end, it will be better than the start of that string.   Edit:  Only need to get more than 2" to move ahead of last winter's total.

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

RGEM is real nice for ORH and north. Close for Ray. Will have to watch east winds, but if winds stay backed..it's a paste job.

Just ask how Powderfreak how well the RGEM does in predicting snow.  He has been shoveling feet of RGEM snow for the past 2 years.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah it's close. I want to see the euro hold. Also, after the good lift moves through...it may be hours of 35F sprinkles

Yes...its like a spring event.

As long as the mid levels are good, which they are, I snow here.

Maybe I am wrong, but just going on climo.

If this were ice vs rain....forget it.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Canadian is also rather snowy interior NE MA and ORH area. Obviously adjacent NH/VT/Berks too.

Take a look at the plots for various late season events...even 5/76.....classic weenie appendage from ORH hills into interior ne MA.

Its because my area is unfettered by inimical topographical nuances.....aka "downslope".

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Take a look at the plots for various late season events...even 5/76.....classic weenie appendage from ORH hills into interior ne MA.

Its because my area is unfettered by inimical topographical nuances.....aka "downslope".

You should be able to grab some in this event. I can't see the euro shooting north or warmer that much at all right now. Part of it is how well you advect the colder air just off the deck prior to tomorrow evening. srfc temps will be well above freezing and you basically are going to tick your way down to 32.01. If the models are too fast with that, then it may be more liquid. There is a pretty good high nosing in, so that's a start.

Archived