Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 17/18 Paste Job

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Models coming to some agreement that a modest winter weather event is shaping up for somewhere in CNE or SNE

Right now, central NH to northern CT appear to have the best chances.  A little critter...

It'll snow in VT and Maine too most likely ;).

18z NAM jackpot zone goes from southern Adirondacks, all of southern half of Vermont, New Hampshire, and SW Maine.

nam_3hr_snow_acc_neng_29.png

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It'll snow in VT and Maine too most likely ;).

18z NAM jackpot zone goes from southern Adirondacks, all of southern half of Vermont, New Hampshire, and SW Maine.

nam_3hr_snow_acc_neng_29.png

It never snows in VT

Most media I have looked at still seem to be emphasizing the icing as the biggest threat

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Was totally kidding...but I think of part of CNE as like ORH Hills and Berkshires.  It's like half SNE and half NNE makes up a CNE, haha.  Let's make this confusing.

I always consider anything south of VT and NH SNE. If I want to get specific I will say Berks or ORH hills. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I always consider anything south of VT and NH SNE. If I want to get specific I will say Berks or ORH hills. 

Ha must be where we live because I consider anything north of that line NNE.  If I want to get specific I'll say Lakes Region or southern Greens ;).  

New England lends itself well to the SNE/NNE break out...3 states in the south and 3 states in the north.  

Anyway, ORH to Dendrite latitude is in the crosshairs it seems.  Hoping it doesn't run too far south, or at maybe if it does it's an over-correction.  I just need 2" to cover up the death rink of snow and ice in my backyard and driveway so one can walk without fear of ending up in a hospital haha.

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha must be where we live because I consider anything north of that line NNE.  If I want to get specific I'll say Lakes Region or southern Greens ;).  

New England lends itself well to the SNE/NNE break out...3 states in the south and 3 states in the north.  

Anyway, ORH to Dendrite latitude is in the crosshairs it seems.  Hoping it doesn't run too far south, or at maybe if it does it's an over-correction.  I just need 2" to cover up the death rink of snow and ice in my backyard and driveway so one can walk without fear of ending up in a hospital haha.

Twice a year, we end up getting 3 pages of posts of people providing their definitions of N/C/S NE.  Please don't start it again.  :)

26 minutes ago, mreaves said:

ME, NH & VT = NNE

MA= CNE

CT & RI= SNE

This is the simplest way to look at it but you have to acknowledge the caveats. Within each area there are microclimates and overlaps from neighboring areas. 

This settles everything once and for all. You're welcome, carry on. 

I think of anything Gene-north as NNE. Gene-south to about MPM/Hubb as CNE. Then south of there as SNE. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Cape Cod is CNE? Lol

I said there were caveats!  Anyway, I'm just screwing around in our semi-annual discussion on the matter. It will go on for another page or two and then there will be some maps posted and we will all say "Yeah, that makes sense". I was just trying to save time. 

Archived