Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 17/18 Paste Job

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

You also want to be closer to the source region of the cold...IE further north and east. Your longitude may hurt Kev. It's close.

Yeah that's why I'm not getting any snow. It'll start as sleet and accumulate an inch or so then some zr. I've seen these setups many times over the years. It'll rot at like 31.9 or 32.1. That northeast flow will drain enough to keep surface marginal 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm getting pretty interested in this one but I am still a bit skeptical of much south of NH border. The euro and RGEM verbatim are huge for pike northward so they can't be discounted. 

I might be a little more confident than you then :)

not a lot but some... sure.  Thing is, my own old method for using the FRH NAM grid (FOUS) has an isothermal snow thump west of Boston.  If it were just the NAM alone ...heh. But, the RGEM is a tool of choice for me inside of 48 hours which this is getting into so...  (Persistent Euro + RGEM on board + NAM normalizes critical thickness layers...)  = enough for me to forecast a wet snow of light climate standards and let the chips fall where they may...

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

not a lot but some... sure.  Thing is, my own old method for using the FRH NAM grid (FOUS) has an isothermal snow thump west of Boston.  If it were just the NAM alone ...heh. But, the RGEM is a tool of choice for me inside of 48 hours which this is getting into so...  (Persistent Euro + RGEM on board + NAM normalizes critical thickness layers...)  = enough for me to forecast a wet snow of light climate standards and let the chips fall where they may...

Yea, I'm pretty confident, too.

This is the type of scenario I long for .....rather than the debate over how much exhaust I'll suck.

Give me a rain/snow line with paste, over sugar cane oes any day.

The places that should rain, rain, as opposed to stealing my snow.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is the type of scenario I long for .....rather than the debate over how much exhaust I'll suck.

You could still rain.. it's pretty close

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm sorry I stole all your snow.  I did say you could have it though.

Just now, Morch Madness said:

RGEM is really close for BOS, but I think you have to be outside 128 and north of the pike for this one.

Exactly what I just posted on FB.

Would suck if I missed this one....the dichotomy  between this event and the last would absolutely embody my point about being both just far enough and close enough from the ocean to get screwed.

3 minutes ago, Morch Madness said:

RGEM is really close for BOS, but I think you have to be outside 128 and north of the pike for this one.

That's how I feel. The lower 1k or so is just a bit too warm at the coast, but as I type this...the RPM wants snow near BOS and that can have a warm bias. We'll see what the good doc says in 45 min. 

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm pretty sure there's flakage for pike region along and outside of 128 but my concern is more that we're so marginal that it's like that 5 to 1 white rain where it mixes at times vs a true 8 or 9 to 1 paste bomb. 

We will see though. The high is trying to press in from Maine which is a pretty good spot so if we can advect enough dry polar air in to wet bulb the column then it is all systems go. 

Archived