Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/14 Weak 'High Overrunning' Discussion/Observations

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

On closer look NYC had 0.04-0.05 after 430 so once again that 7pm measurement is suspicious.  It's getting to the point you wonder if that measurement isn't being taken at all 

i think the measurements for our area are safely in the 1 to almost 2 inch range citywide. i've been called out on measurements all winter only to be right with my climo charts after.

1 hour ago, SnowGoose69 said:

And LGA never reported at 430, it was missing on their climate report.  Both seem low to me 

I have 1.2" a few miles east of LGA with snow covering most side roads and sidewalks.

LGA is more urban but they still likely received .75"-1".

The strong to record breaking SE Ridge has worked to our advantage since last weekend. Northward trend for snow has been 

showing up  since the blizzard last winter. The main time this didn't work was with the string of storms that missed to our south

later last winter. The other obvious example of a storm that didn't come back north or west was January 2015.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StuOstro/status/820098120247808001/photo/1

Extreme ridge, incl. *590 dm* 500 mb height over Atlanta this evening -- in midwinter. Record for Jan, and near-to-above average for July.pic.twitter.com/lZcauN2th8

C2GSWOHUcAAzOGB.jpg-small.jpg

29 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The strong to record breaking SE Ridge has worked to our advantage since last weekend. Northward trend for snow has been 

showing up  since the blizzard last winter. The main time this didn't work was with the string of storms that missed to our south

later last winter. The other obvious example of a storm that didn't come back north or west was January 2015.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StuOstro/status/820098120247808001/photo/1

Extreme ridge, incl. *590 dm* 500 mb height over Atlanta this evening -- in midwinter. Record for Jan, and near-to-above average for July.pic.twitter.com/lZcauN2th8

I agree. FYI, Atlanta had a record high 77-degree reading yesterday.

Archived