Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/14 - 15 Minor Snow and Ice Threat

Bob Chill

3 minutes ago, das said:

What's funny about that is I was never an OpMet. Well, except for one glorious three day period. Long story there...

31.1F / 26F in Clarksburg on a south wind of 7mph. If I look really hard, there's a slight bumpiness to the wet ground meaning there's been some sleet. It's raining and below freezing but I can't report ZR since the ground is still above freezing. 

What's your 4" soil temp???

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, das said:

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I DID!!!

Lol. Nah, I don't believe you because way back on Wednesday you had this storm pegged.

On 1/11/2017 at 1:25 PM, das said:

I'll quote my advisor from back in the late 80's, the great Dr. Don Miller; "when faced with a tough forecast, go with persistence".  Why should this storm be any different?

52 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Sarcasm?

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want to be right -- you always want to be right. You use words like "dry air," "clueless," "pathetic." You use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending yourself. You're becoming a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very observations that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide them. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a meteorology degree and stand the post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think.

That's absolutely tremendous. Wonder how many people get the reference. 

18 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

31 light rain. Nothing is frozen anywhere. Not even my cars. So far it is basically as crappy as a weather day can get. Lets see what happens with the batch the HRRR has coming through later.

Same here in Round Hill. 31 and a few icicles on the deck rails but my truck, the grass, and even the deck table have no ice. When a heavier batch of rain moves in there has been a few sleet pellets mixed in. 

Looks like dews and temps will settle at 29F in the next 30 minutes here in Clarksburg.  If we can keep precip going, even just a drizzle, and the S winds stay light and mostly off the surface, should make for an interesting event.  Temp down to 30.4F and Dew is up to 27F.

13 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Yea a few years back Baltimore city really screwed up and was open on time when we got about 2" of snow. Problem was it was icy also and accidents all over the place. I managed to get in on time because I left super early but 2/3 of our staff was late and some very very late. We were just trying to babysit and house students all morning as they also staggered in late. It ended up being a wasted day. After that they had a delay every time there was a breeze the rest of that winter. 

Yeah things like that seem to oscillate back and forth between not enough caution and way overdoing it sometimes. 

On a related topic, it still kind of miffs me at the lack of road treatment when we got that light snow a couple days before the blizzard last year, even with advisories up. I get that focus was on the big event, but to have main roads be a sheet of ice was really bad. Guess it's particularly annoying to me since I got stuck in that, a 20-30 min trip turned into 2 hours of white-knuckle tense driving!:lol:

On topic, light rain here, dreary Saturday. Exactly one week ago that heavy band of snow had just begun going through! 

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It never occurred to me that anyone wouldn't get it. Are there people that haven't seen that movie?!?

I get older every day...

Next batch of precipitation incoming.

Hey - getting older every day is better than the other option, which I'd rather not contemplate (not getting older every day means your 6' under).  Don't knock it!  Spoken from someone who just recently qualified to get the Senior Citizens Discount at Bob Evans!  And how does AARP know when we all get over 50?  They must have a hell of a database! 

Just now, RDM said:

Hey - getting older every day is better than the other option, which I'd rather not contemplate (not getting older every day means your 6' under).  Don't knock it!  Spoken from someone who just recently qualified to get the Senior Citizens Discount at Bob Evans!  And how does AARP know when we all get over 50?  They must have a hell of a database! 

On the AARP, yeah that is kinda scary how they "know". 

Now get off my lawn dammit! LOL! 

Stuck at 33F/31dp since 8am.  .06" thus far.  Needed heavier rates earlier to cool things down enough.  Never happened in my neck of the woods.  Congrats to those who managed to get something/anything out of this worth noting.  Radar out over the OV looks like it could bring in a little more later today, but going to be too warm to get excited about.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived