Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MLK Weekend Winter Event

ChescoWx

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0Z runs will be telling. 12Z shifted the precipitation max well to the South and 18Z seemed to hold steady or tick south yet again. Ukie and Euro are bone dry for us. North of PA/MD border may see nothing more than flurries and snow showers with very minimal accumulation if this guidance holds. If we intend to see anything on the ground Saturday, we need 0Z to begin the usual overrunning North trend.

12z should be interesting both nam and gfs ticked north at 6z. NAM gives the area 1-3" by tomorrow night. I originally thought this had similar start time as last weekend but guidance looks like the precip doesn't arrive until late afternoon going into the evening. I didn't see the 00z euro so no idea if that still left us bone dry. I think we ll see it continue to tick north today like last weekend, it's been the trend all winter. Plus we have the Wiggum Rule and weekend rule in effect going for it. :lol:

Edit: but of course I post this, and 12z nam looks to be coming in further south than 12z. Dusting to a coating on grass and that's it.

Wxsim for NW Chesco with 6z data has flurries much of the day with steadier light snow by 4pm - temps topping out at 36.0.  Moderate Snow at 630pm (temp 33.6)to a mix of snow/IP by 730pm and then light IP/Snow mix before ending before 11pm. Total precip 0.13" -snow/sleet accumulation of 0.3"

Archived