Welcome to American Weather
Hoosier

January 13-17 Winter Storm

225 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Madison is still at 32 degrees.  Decent returns in the area but don't know how much is accreting with that temp.

Most city streets are treated well enough so there is no ice,  but some of the side streets and sidewalks remain slick

"Only" 36.  Just an ugly day.  SPC has the northern end of the thunder zone in my area.  Would be nice to get some thunder out of the deal.

Moderate to heavy rains at times, along with frozen ground, has allowed for some yard/field flooding.

Starting to get a bit of accretion here, temp is still 33 but the dew point dropped to 30 now after being 31 for hours. Still crazy to see freezing rain with temps above freezing.

You know it's a decent icing event when the street signs have icicles hanging from them and the grass has that shiny frosted look. I don't think temps will be in a hurry to rise at the surface with the light east winds. I'm glad the winds are light because the branches are sagging already. 

2 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

First thunder of 2017 a bit ago.  Kind of distant, but thunder nonetheless.  Raining pretty nicely again with this final round.  Up to 0.83" for the day/event.

Getting some thunder here... fairly loud actually.