Newest Member
    joxey
1.7.17 Snow Event Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Snow pile pic - not bad for 2" of snow, lol. Working hard for the snow piles this winter so far. Nice fluffy snow though and we had fun being out in it yesterday!

Snow-Pile-1-08-17.jpg

Nice big perch for the squirrels!  I expect the core of that is solid glacial ice.  Will probably need that to get it through the torch next week.

Since the snow was powdery, the wind had already blown half of it off my car before I went out to clear the rest.  :thumbsup:

22 hours ago, JERSEYSNOWROB said:

That's all you got down there???!!! Wow! Damn sorry man. Yeah just last night you were looking like the jackpot for NJ! And even earlier today when I was reading how parts of Delaware already had 7 inches on the ground, I thought for sure you would cash in down there!

The distribution of snow north of Delaware Bay was much more evenly distributed than the models showed. The sharp cutoff was not pronounced. Glad everyone scored rather than just one or two counties. 

19 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Nice big perch for the squirrels!  I expect the core of that is solid glacial ice.  Will probably need that to get it through the torch next week.

Since the snow was powdery, the wind had already blown half of it off my car before I went out to clear the rest.  :thumbsup:

The old pile was about 10" high, a shadow of it's former self. So there is a hard ice core, but any bit of warmup up and rain will probably shrink it real fast. Still very nice to see snow around for a few days now, feels and looks like winter :-).

Archived