Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
1.7.17 Snow Event Obs

Ralph Wiggum

4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

1" in Philly wow I don't get how that happened. This storm did fall short since it's inception down south for many. Guess it's a win however for Jersey and NYC northeast.

This time I didn't get hours of virga with the dry air like Thursday night so the accumulation started right away.  Getting some pancake flakes now so must be some warm nose up above somewhere.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been snowing moderately here in Pineville since it started around 9:45 or so (not quite sure on start time as I was driving back from Oaks, Pa when I hit snow around DYL.  Haven't taken a measurement but certainly an inch at present.  Will definitely end up with more than what we got Thursday.

3 minutes ago, snowwors2 said:

Look again...You're in the 3-4" in CH!!

I have been staring at it.  Unless I am color blind, the orange is 12-18, yellow is 8-12, the white is 6-9, the dark blue is 4-6, medium blue 2-3, light blue is 1 -2, gray is <1.  It looks like the line cuts the NW section of Philly off the rest of Philly.  Am looking at an 11:14 am map.

4 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I have been staring at it.  Unless I am color blind, the orange is 12-18, yellow is 8-12, the white is 6-9, the dark blue is 4-6, medium blue 2-3, light blue is 1 -2, gray is <1.  It looks like the line cuts the NW section of Philly off the rest of Philly.  Am looking at an 11:14 am map.

Med blue is 3-4

4 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Yes, there is another shade of blue between 4-6 and 2-3.  The 2-3 line is right at Gladwynne/Lafayette HIll.  The 3-4 goes until just below Bala Cynwyd, and the 4-6 goes from there across into jersey.

At 1pm: temp. 23F, DP 21F, RH 92%, wind NNE16g27mph, bar. 30.16" S-, 4.3' on ground.  That's 4" in 6 hrs. IMHO the 6+" forecasts will not happen. Hopefully i'll get to 5". Seems this will be an under performer here. All that aside, it's still a nice snow. I am enjoying it!

7 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

Med blue is 3-4

2 minutes ago, shemATC said:

Yes, there is another shade of blue between 4-6 and 2-3.  The 2-3 line is right at Gladwynne/Lafayette HIll.  The 3-4 goes until just below Bala Cynwyd, and the 4-6 goes from there across into jersey.

I see it now.  The 3-4 label is sitting down in MD & DE.

I don't know if we are going to get that though.  The intensity has picked up in the past 30 minutes (under a band) with the bigger flakes... but I think it would have to really intensify or go longer this afternoon to hit that.

8 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Snowing moderately here, been varying rates from light to moderate plus over the last couple of hours. 1.5" so far, 20F. Very much enjoying this Saturday snow :-).

Does look good out snow globe kinda day and snow on snow always a good thing especially when the sun angle is in your favor

1.2" and 20.5F with light flakes

12 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Seems hung a bit outside of Reading...Philly to Pottstown seem to be doing decently well.

1-7-2017 1-07-20 PM.jpg

I was under that same band that pottstown is in and had zero snowflakes falling. Radar depiction is not as accurate.

2 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

yeah thats not accurate Ive actually had peeks of sun for the last hour im 9 miles NW of Reading

My mistake, I used intellicast which I usually only take seriously w/dark blues. I'd imagine the good stuff is Pottstown ...moving East. Here in lower Mont County, steady stuff.

ss.jpg

4 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

^Your dog looks pissed/sad....give him/her a treat.

Hahaha He WAS pissed actually because I stopped him to take that pic. Hahaha He loves the snow though. Would play in it all day if it were up to him. Gets excited when he goes out in it for the first time. Sort of like me! Hahaha

Archived