Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1.7.17 Snow Event Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

We need some back-building or a somewhat halt...the western edge is kinda trucking. It may hit a point where it "hangs out" for a bit? (Upper Bucks/Mont Counties)

The western edge has stalled in central Berks looking at it on COD radar have more building in from the SW this baby is doing the pivot we might, just might pull this off

Nexrad

Just now, RedSky said:

The western edge has stalled in central Berks looking at it on COD radar have more building in from the SW this baby is doing the pivot we might, just might pull this off

The radar is somewhat false right now. I should be getting light/moderate snow here in a band in central berks but not a single flake flying.

2 minutes ago, Birdbean said:

Last flakes have finished falling here in Northeast Lancaster Co. With a final total of 1.25 inches.  Had a moderate band come through around 9 am, problem is do I crack out the new cub cadet for that little snow?

Ralph's neighbour blows tenths of an inch might as well could be the only chance in January...

Nah last week of January is too far away to say we don't recover by then.

Never seen the radar on the backside of a storm look decent like this over me yet just a few errant flakes grrrr

1.1" I don't  bother with the ratio determination melt it down procedure but it is super fluffed the moisture content is tiny must be 16:1 or 18:1

Expectations set at 1.5" not gone do it

42 minutes ago, Birdbean said:

Last flakes have finished falling here in Northeast Lancaster Co. With a final total of 1.25 inches.  Had a moderate band come through around 9 am, problem is do I crack out the new cub cadet for that little snow?

I vote yes. Good practice for when you get a bigger one.

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

SN- and 20F.  Have about 1" so far.  It was a little heavier earlier but is more sparse now.  Still adding to the accum though.

1" in Philly wow I don't get how that happened. This storm did fall short since it's inception down south for many. Guess it's a win however for Jersey and NYC northeast.

Archived