Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 7th/8th snowstorm obs/nowcast

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Please, more rain/snow line issues, less meso cj......thanks.

Gonna end up with 6"....Carlisle, two towns to my west, really got porked....3.5"

Yikes.

Hey I got about 8". Fun but underwhelming compared to some other events in the past. You didn't miss much unless you were on the South Shore. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Good news is that Boston Harbor is now down to 38*.

That was quick.

I drove myself crazy watching water temps for a few years. 

That ocean is the devil. Spend all winter rooting for it to cool down. Then Spring rolls around and It's miserable with onshore winds. Then eventually by Summer it finally warms up. It's best season for me is Summer. Keeps us from dying of heat. One of the specific reasons I could never live somewhere South besides FL is no sea breeze.

25 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

How funny was that phone call with Corey?

I just  completed my joy ride of the night and I shoveled out a friend ( he doesn't even know)  just cause I have so much more energy to fill out and I love shoveling because I get to paint my own landscape, shoveling lanes, piles.  :D  

So was calling in again.  Ray has checked out.  

How do the squalls look for today?

From Bostons Facebook post.

[530 am] Ready for more snow? Some locations in MA, RI, CT will see a few heavy snow squalls this afternoon. The more intense snow squalls may result in a quick snow accumulation of 1 or 2 inches in a short period of time along with brief near white out conditions. Roads will briefly become snow covered resulting in slippery travel and poor visibility for a time. Keep in mind these snow squalls will be narrow and will not impact all communities. Thus some cities and towns will be spared while others are impacted. Here is what radar may look like this afternoon.

Archived