SnowHabit
January 7th/8th snowstorm obs/nowcast

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

Heavy snow.

Should be easily over 6 by now without a doubt. Radar has picked up over south central CT atm.

That band over south central CT just does not want to die. It'll be interesting to see where the jack is in CT. Could be on the central or eastern shoreline somewhere where those bands have just sat all day long.

3 minutes ago, mcglups said:

I'd say 12 and coming down again 

Cheers,  what a one to miss, one of the biggest since ive been there,   although this powder really flatters to deceive...   Not that I'll mind that when shoveling out my driveway tomorrow all at once. 

Measurements between close to 6" here in Brookline

What are people's favorite products to visualize real-time frontogenesis and what levels it's occurring at?

Per SPC meso-analysis, it seems frontogenesis at 700mb is driving the big band over the south shore / southeast coast, but curious about the mechanisms for the bands that keep regenerating further north and west of Boston.

Jerry get that hand looked at tomorrow! That's a real bummer hope it's not broken.

19 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

Anyone have a report from Newport?   I picked up 6 inches in jersey but have been jealously watching the bands back home.   Will be a nice wintry drive on the 95 tomorrow and I'll be watching the pack rise the whole time. 

My friend just texted me and was eyeballing 6"+ but he wasn't sure with wind etc.  He said it was whiteout right now. 

26 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I was with the dog this morning and what I construed to be a new dusting over a paved walkway was a new dusting over an ice patch. Fell hard-doggy came over to see if I was ok-wonderful animals dogs are-bounced up and enjoyed the gathering storm but my left hand and wrist used to break the fall has hurt like hell since.

I fell like that, after a couple of days I went to the doctor and I had a broken bone, was in a cast for 6 weeks, had to learn to wipe my arse with my left hand, not easy.

Archived