Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 7th/8th snowstorm obs/nowcast

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

how do you have 4 inches and kwst has 8???

Pawtucket. That's why lol.

But seriously, though. That was an estimate. It hasn't looked too impressive here so far (snow growth being a huge problem). I just went outside to validate my estimate and I was spot on. A little over 4 inches. i measure in a protected area too.

I don't measure each hour so compaction may be an issue.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yeah it's pounding.   I'm guesstimating close to 6 now but I haven't been outdoors for awhile,  once we started getting those big fat OES flakes it actually started piling up much more quickly.

What side of BOS are you on? Just wondering

2 minutes ago, MegaMike said:

Pawtucket. That's why lol.

But seriously, though. That was an estimate. It hasn't looked too impressive here so far (snow growth being a huge problem). I just went outside to validate my estimate and I was spot on. A little over 4 inches. i measure in a protected area too.

I don't measure each hour so compaction may be an issue.

Smithfield, RI reported 2.8 inches at 2:34PM so even if they received 1 inch/hr for two hours, that'd bring them to 4.8 inches. Attleboro (NWS employee) reported 3.2 inches at 3:40PM. I'm confident with what I have for Pawtucket. 4 inches seems reasonable. 

Just drove up and back to north Attleboro from Portsmouth , multi-inch per hour rates once got to seekonk. Highways with 3-4 inches on roads. Impossible to say how much we have at home with wind, but estimating easily over 6"

Archived