• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX

Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

1 minute ago, WeatherNC said:

I am in that SPC hatch so going to hang out for a bit before heading down to Medoc Mountian.

I have no words. Just absolutely ripping fat dendrites

16 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Not sure if you guys want to be pulled in again, but the latest HRRR and RAP do give more snow with the redevelopment of the back bands. HRRR gives the Triangle 3" with the RAP 5" with more to the NE. Just the messenger.. 

I say we string the messenger up...j/k.  Keep the updates coming!!

Near blizzard conditions in VB, 27 with heavy snow and winds gusting 25+. I'm going to try to get to Va Beach's Town Center, pics soon!

Got so distracted looking for the post-mortem discussion and reading WRAL's pronouncement that the snowing was over that I failed to notice it had started snowing lightly again. (Southpoint area.)

2 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

22F / 21TD

Just eyeballing it, I'd say I have a solid 6-7" and still snowing heavily. Definitely surprised with this one!

I posted the other night when the NAM made huge jump NW people threw it out.... But JB said he wouldn't discount it he's seen it score a coup before, and he thinks models will adjust west.. They did I got probably 9 inches by now and still coming down.

Snow coming down a little faster and a few bigger flakes mixing in. Southpoint area of Durham. I suppose I should have realized WRAL didn't consider Durham to be part of their "viewing area". 

2nd jeb walk this morning is finished.  May be able to get my total to 3" depending on how long we can hang on to this final batch.  Wanted to get at least 4" this storm but not gonna be able to get there. Oh well, I just need to finally buy a farm up around Denver lol. 

There's a light dusting of snow on the ground, currently sleet/freezing rain is pouring down. I see some ice on the trees but haven't ventured too far away from the front porch.

Got about an 8" avg around the house, and it's not done.  When i took a nap around 5am we had almost 6"... so we've gained about 2" in the last 4 hours..   Pretty good rates all night long with this one.  

Very little here in Cary--huge bust.  Oh, I've known and always believed in the NW trend, just really threw me a curve ball on this one shifting from 50 miles SE of my position to 50 miles NW of me in last 36hrs.