Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure where to post. I live 25 miles SE of Richmond, Va. We are getting a really nice snow here right now!! A few inches so far, and predicted close to 10" or so.Very cold out, 24 degrees so it is a light, fluffy snow. Congrats!!! to all those in the SE and Deep South that had a nice snow tonight!!!

Not sure where to post. I live 25 miles SE of Richmond, Va. We are getting a really nice snow here right now!! A few inches so far, and predicted close to 10" or so.Very cold out, 24 degrees so it is a light, fluffy snow. Congrats!!! to all those in the SE and Deep South that had a nice snow tonight!!!

Williamsburg area? I'm in VB. Sleet started around midnight. Snow from about 1-2. And has been sleeting hard again ever since. Been 29-30 degrees the whole time too....waiting and waiting and waiting. Don't see 10-12 in happening here. 8 on high side. Heart slowly breaking haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'll be extremely surprised if all of the projections of a southeast VA bullseye still come true. This one seems incapable of staying all snow for very long. We're wasting moisture...

I agree 100%. Local weather last update at 315 stated snow to ramp up around 5-6 and continue for most of the day and still called for 8-12. Just don't see that playing out with the steady/heavy sleet we've been getting with temps being where they should be. Fingers crossed for a solid 6in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, btownheel said:

9" in Gibsonville according to the table on my back deck; and it's freaking ripping.  I might have FINALLY hit a jackpot zone....

Amazing dude! Congrats! Crazy how just a few miles between us and it can be a difference of over 3 inches!

1 minute ago, NC_WX10 said:

Amazing dude! Congrats! Crazy how just a few miles between us and it can be a difference of over 3 inches!

Wife and I bought our house here (our first) exactly three weeks ago.  Welcome home baby!  

Went out and drove Uber for the Elon kids tonight.  Rates were just absurd.  That was as hard driving as I've done maybe ever, and I spent a pretty snowy winter in Baltimore...

2 minutes ago, btownheel said:

Wife and I bought our house here (our first) exactly three weeks ago.  Welcome home baby!  

Went out and drove Uber for the Elon kids tonight.  Rates were just absurd.  That was as hard driving as I've done maybe ever, and I spent a pretty snowy winter in Baltimore...

Well your new house might be bringing some good mojo for us in triad. Think you make a run at a foot?

7 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Complete sleet fest at my house. Had a couple burst of snow late last night but almost all sleet. Somewhere ~1.5". If I don't go to snow will probably get over 2". Definitely disappointed but the kids will still have a good time sledding today. And this stuff wont melt very fast.  

Hang in there buddy. Nice returns incoming for both of us.

22 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Courtland,  VA. 26F heavy sleet.  On my way to Smithfield,  VA.  as recommended by SeVa.  Thanks SeVa.  Saw heavy snow between Roanoke Rapids,  NC and Emporia,  VA.  Disappointed that videos aren't uploading.     

Np, man. Take the James River bridge over to the Peninsula and head North on Jefferson Ave towards KPHF. From there you can work your way back South to hit the bulls eye.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived