Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Thrasher Fan said:

Starting to become concerned with ZR ITP of Atlanta. Things already have what I would guess is .1-.2 inches of ice on all surfaces above the ground.

32º / 31º  -ZR

Ugh...hope yall keep the lights on...esp. any ZR over the .25...hopefully there won't be a lot of winds on the backside combined with the ZR accretion 

3 minutes ago, Thrasher Fan said:

Starting to become concerned with ZR ITP of Atlanta. Things already have what I would guess is .1-.2 inches of ice on all surfaces above the ground.

32º / 31º  -ZR

Yeah, the ice in the metro area is really looking like it's going to be the big story.  Story here east of you is a rainy night in Georgia.

10 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Watching CC radarscope and seeing it slowly work it's way SE, squarely over Mountain Island Lake just to my north now.  Sleet sounds like it has let up so may have switched over to a mix with snow finally here a mile south of the MIL dam.

I just flipped over to a mostly snow mix. I live a couple miles south of mountain island lake. 

4 minutes ago, griteater said:

I'm near Cowans Ford Dam....it's a snow/sleet mix now...more snow than sleet

Had to walk outside and see, it's mainly IP/graupel but I FINALLY saw a few decent sized flakes falling.  Coming down pretty good so won't be surprised to see a changeover to more snow start happening.  Vehicles have a layer of sleet on them and my driveway and sidewalk is getting crunchy.  Roads would be a nightmare if surface temps had been a bit lower with this sleet.  Still could get that way. 

7 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Lot of sleet. At times snow is 70/30 , currently sleet is probably 90/10. Changes from minute to minute.

Burns you mixing, all snow?

All snow but not enough of it to accomplish much.  I haven't seen or heard any sleet at all.  I've been popping outside every 10 minutes or so.

Just now, dpbutler1 said:

I just flipped over to a mostly snow mix. I live a couple miles south of mountain island lake. 

Awesome, you must be near me.  Where exactly are you so we can compare observations?  The whole 3 minutes I was outside I could tell some more mixing was taking place.

8 minutes ago, Thrasher Fan said:

32º / 31º  -ZR

Yeah, I've been watching that develop all day. That's going to be a huge problem! All in all, I'd rather have my cold 36° rain here east of ATL than FZR. Hope all stays good for all y'all!

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived