• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Welp, scratch what I said earlier.  I've been through 4 moderate to near heavy sleet periods.  Sitting at 33°/33°.  Still awaiting for that transition to snow...

3 minutes ago, weatherheels said:

Ground is getting white in a hurry.   Anybody have observations from the heavier returns coming up I-85 where Davidson, Randolph and Guilford come together?  Is that heavy snow, or is it sleet mixing it?  

It's ice mixed in, decent flakes but you can hear it no doubt when I just went outside.

Flakes are getting bigger here. May have had some ice in them. I'll go check, listen . The fatties should be here within the hour. Noticing a little wind as well.

Sleet here south of High Point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, NEGa said:

yes it is - its pouring.  i think i saw dahlonega has 1.5-2" i am a little farther east next to SC and am closing in on an inch

Awesome! I am hoping for around 3" inches of snow in the Simpsonville,SC area!

Just now, FallsLake said:

Snow starting back up. A little sleet mixed in but I think as the heaver stuff comes in it will be all snow.

Still patiently waiting for anything frozen in Cary......

Hi everyone!  I'm just leaving my house in the southern part of Wilmington,  NC to begin this chase event.  Am tentatively going to position myself in Ahoskie...and readjust from there,  as necessary.   Ultimately,  I want to be in the Virginia Beach area to hopefully document any prospective blizzard conditions.   

Will provide updates throughout the night and also tomorrow.    Good luck, and I'm wishing all of us the best! :)

1 minute ago, SnowNiner said:

34 and rain. This is turning fast

don't expect a change over until about 11 or midnight per Brad

1 minute ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Hi everyone!  I'm just leaving my house in the southern part of Wilmington,  NC to begin this chase event.  Am tentatively going to position myself in Ahoskie...and readjust from there,  as necessary.   Ultimately,  I want to be in the Virginia Beach area to hopefully document any prospective blizzard conditions.   

Will provide updates throughout the night and also tomorrow.    Good luck, and I'm wishing all of us the best! :)

Stay safe and good luck !