• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wow

Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

7 minutes ago, swiftcreek said:

From reading other people's posts, it sounds like the sleet line s l o w l y advancing southeastward

I just came from Falls of Neuse area which didn't have much, but by the time I got to Shelley lake lots of ice pellets.  That gave way to nothing just moments later.  Waiting on the next batch of precip to see what it holds.  Definitely seems colder outside but don't have a gauge out to tell :)

I'm not sure I've ever seen a prolonged non-wedge FZRA event in Atlanta, this may be the first.

1994 maybe?
Still snowing here with monster flakes. Might be closing in on 2" soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was literally a huge dry gap on radar from CLT down to S-Burg...finally looks to be filling in, but I'm not so certain Crown Town will not be in the ultimate screw zone...will give it time. 

The ghost of burgertime lives.

(This is the observation thread. If your location isn't in your profile and you don't tell us where you are, we have no idea. I85 is everywhere.)

(There is also a thread for cliff diving.)

3 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

Absolutely pouring fatties here now!! Beautiful sight!!

yay!  sounds like the snow line finally made it to the upstate.  nice

2 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

1 3/4" so far and pouring in Dahlonega GA. 

:thumbsup:  and thats a great pic

1 minute ago, Poimen said:

On the heavy side of light snow in Kernersville. 

Flakes are small here. Want to see the fatties but got a feeling we have gotten lot colder up above compared to the little band that came  with sleet earlier this evening.

6 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

man, radar is coming for the triangle, gonna be close but those above the sleet line will get rocked. hrrr continues to shift it se thru 3-4am

Latest NAM has 1.75 to 2 QPF for all of Triangle that was 7pm tonight to 7pm Saturday. 

16 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Snow just started back. No sleet

Same here.  Small flakes but they are floating down. More decorative than effective.  Temp down to 30º.