• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

I had a little less than an inch this morning at 8AM in Willow Spring, southern wake.  Now I have almost 2 inches.  These past 3 hours have featured some great snow!

Didn't turn out so bad afterall.

Same here in Clayton, NC!

Good bands have been coming through. Wind really makes it look amplified. Hope it can keep up for another hour. Glad to see it during the daytime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up to about 3" snow/ sleet just west of Chapel Hill. After the nice snow this morning, have about 5" total.  The sleet makes it hard to get a consistent measurement. 

We were roughly 10 miles on the wrong side of the snow / sleet line last night.  Friends minutes away had 8" first thing this morning, which I presume is close to 10" now. 

Still coming down lightly. It looks like maybe 5-6" on nearby building roofs and flat surfaces. 

So weird--I woke up around 8:30 to a bit of accumulation, and Elizabeth Gardener saying any more precip was unlikely for WRAL's viewing area. I was bummed because when I'd gone to sleep, it looked like we were just getting started. So I made some tea, then looked out the window again--and it proceeded to snow here for the next four hours, light to moderate amounts with no break.

So I guess that's another one for the 'what have we learned' list--don't run the post-mortem until the patient is actually dead.

I have a feeling WRAL made that "it's all over" call early this morning to try to temper expectations as people in Raleigh and Cary woke up to nothing.

InShot_20170107_121316.thumb.jpg.62652d8

In the city of Eden, NC.

11:44 last night, and 11:44 this morning.

Light snow 25°F/20°F at KSIF (6 miles West of the city)

Greensboro, NC expecting increase in winds with gusts as high as 18 knots over the next hour. Anyone who HAS to go out, PLEASE be careful, and watch for downed trees and powerlines.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, thess said:

So weird--I woke up around 8:30 to a bit of accumulation, and Elizabeth Gardener saying any more precip was unlikely for WRAL's viewing area. It then proceeded to snow here for the next four hours, light to moderate amounts with no break.

Saw that too, was quickly deleted once flakes started flying. They had a rough go on this one.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived