Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up this morning to right at 8 inches of snowfall as measured on the elevated deck.  Amazing.  It's still snowing too.  Seems to be about the same clip it was last night during my reports.  Maybe slightly less intense.  Steady light snow.

I am sorry that things didn't work out for many of our CLT and RDU posters.  It's hard to know what to say.

25 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

Measuring on my back deck, 8.5" of snow in GSO when I woke up this morning.  NWS says that another 1" to 3" is possible by noon.  Great event for us.  Sorry to those who busted.

Around the same here doing it with my hand.  Got a light graupel shower right now.  

15 minutes ago, salutethehill said:

A few miles NW of Greer - Hwy 14 - Blue Ridge area - haven't measured. Guessing 4-5" with a nice little snow shower currently. Sharp gradients. A few miles east...nothing. A few miles west...6"+. The joy of living near the southern mountains. 

On the north side of Taylors, we got 5.25".  

Depressing here in Durham.  Went to bed at 1 to a light coating of snow (could still see blade of grass poking up) and woke up to the same.  Judging by the look out the window and the continued pinging on my windows it is going to be a long few days and the power outages will start soon.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived