Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

1 hour ago, griteater said:

16 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

Giving it the eyeball test, it looks like 7-8" thus far 

It is amazing the different from north to south in Charlotte. Lots of happy people to the north and west, unhappy folks from Center City and points south and east.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blowing snow with tiny little flakes. Really hard to get a good sense of rates as I didn't set up a snowboard, but I live on the water and visibility is down around 1/4mi. Hopefully snow growth starts improving so we can begin to pile up.

2 minutes ago, SeVa said:

Blowing snow with tiny little flakes. Really hard to get a good sense of rates as I didn't set up a snowboard, but I live on the water and visibility is down around 1/4mi. Hopefully snow growth starts improving so we can begin to pile up.

Its transitioning here in portsmouth to more snow versus sleet. You can actually see the sleet line now receding south on the radar.

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=AKQ-N0C-1-24

just woke up down here in Gville. to 31.2 temps. deck completely covered with a sleety/snow mixture trees have a small .05 glaze of ice. Currently falling is a sleet/tiny snow/ice particle mixture.  Still several hours to go! avoiding the massive zr amounts so farB)

Edit: out of no where started pouring sleet/snow. hopefully we can tap into some of that heavy stuff

14 minutes ago, PortsmouthWeather said:

Finally back to all snow, should pick up soon

Such a relief to see that we mixed out the sleet. That was always in the back of mind as a potential huge bust for us. We look really good for a general 8-12, but drifting is going to make it damn near impossible to get a good estimate. Eyeballing between 3 and 4" already

2 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

Closing in on 3" but atleast an inch of that is sleet from the overnight.  May make a run at 6-8" if this can keep up through the morning but looking at radar I am not getting my hopes up, these systems always seem to exit a little quicker than expected.

There is some redevelopment of bands to the west but not sure how substantial they'll get.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived