SnowHabit
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BIG FROSTY said:

I was wondering where you been? good to see you! Hate you got Nam'd 

Hey Big Frosty!!!  I hope you're doing well.  I just haven't been following things this year like normal.  Hopefully you're seeing some of that white stuff falling from the sky right now!!

Just now, rduwx said:

Hey Big Frosty!!!  I hope you're doing well.  I just haven't been following things this year like normal.  Hopefully you're seeing some of that white stuff falling from the sky right now!!

Yeah, Snowing pretty good, I'm sure there's between 3-4 inches  Good to hear from ya! Don't get lost again till Spring anyway! lol

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

What's Raleigh looking like right now? I can't go by what I see on radar bc I'm south of 85 with heavy rain and It's shown all snow on radar since 8:45 

Just drive anywhere tomorrow, besides Simpsonville, and play in the snow! I am! Clemsons covered, Pelham rd is covered, Downtown is covered, TR is hammered

We had 2" of fluffy snow before the sleet began to dominate again. It poured sleet enough to bury my footsteps and now it is finishing off as graupel. 24/23. We have somewhere around 2.5" if I had to guess and everything is good and covered. Should be good sledding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, griteater said:

I know we are prone to exaggerate on here sometimes, but damn, this last 30-45 minutes has been right up there with the most impressive snow rates I've ever seen.  Only other comparison I have would be the late morning of the Feb 2004 storm.  It's been amazeballs. 

I can vouch and I know it sounds like exaggerating but man its just ripping fatties. Has to be 2 inch per hr rates or darn close.

7 minutes ago, griteater said:

I know we are prone to exaggerate on here sometimes, but damn, this last 30-45 minutes has been right up there with the most impressive snow rates I've ever seen.  Only other comparison I have would be the late morning of the Feb 2004 storm.  It's been amazeballs. 

I'm happy for ya Grit!!!  You've put your time in on this storm and deserve to see some great snow rates!

I know some of you are still doing great with the snow but the cc line keeps moving NW and is approaching Guilford and already in Alamance County.  Way farther than I thought it was suppose to.  I guess its a sleetfest for Randolph county.  The  NWS still had me in there 10" graphic a 1 am.  no way unless it continues all day tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, griteater said:

I am in Shelby NC, just west of you, and it has been remarkable! We have basically in the bulls eye with this since about 9:30! We're getting hammered!!!

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived