• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

On the COD Met. site, it sure looks like the CC has stopped moving SE, and is moving starting to tick back NW. Don't think I'm going to waste time waiting for flakes just SW of uptown. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised in the morning, but expecting 1 or 2 inches of slop at most.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, griteater said:

I'm still seeing the CC line sag south on Dupage through Meck...hope it continues.

Using the link strong posted, it got to 85 and jogged back to sit basically over my house and the Hwy 27 corridor.  Bout to take the dog on a walk in a few so will have an actual obs that's not behind a glass.

3 minutes ago, phil882 said:

Yep... this is pretty much what the HRRR was showing earlier. Basically I-85 is the snow/mix line tonight.... right up to Charlotte. Hopefully it will bow down for you guys again as the rates pick back up and dynamical cooling via melting snowflakes erodes the warm nose aloft.

thank you for your insight - I hope to send at least one giant silver dollar to Mack before this mess ends

2 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

The heavy returns setting up about 15 miles to my south are headed your way. I have a increase in flake size and hoping to cash it in. 

Excellent. Just hope to keep the sleet at bay.  Took about 1/2 hr for that initial bright band to shake the sleet out.

I just came back from a small trip around the neighborhood, currently sitting at 31.7 but no signs of snow. It has just been mixing between IP and drizzle for the past 2 hours. Hopefully the changeover will come soon, I would hate to be on the line like HRRR suggests. 

52 on James Island. No rain. Just a cloudy night so far. We've gone from a possible couple inches of snow with the early week models to what will most likely be a nuisance few hours of showers with maybe a sleet pellet or two or freezing rain out toward 95.

Good luck to everyone! Hoping for a big hit around the region.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived