Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

3 minutes ago, Bryan63 said:

Right on 54 (Arboretum at Southpoint) just passed the Domino's if you're going away from 55.

I'm a stone's throw from you off Barbee, so thanks again.

edit: nice to finally see some SoDu representation--always feel like I'm the only one here and my housing setup is terrible for nighttime obvs. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, jshetley said:

Yeah something is wrong with a lot of our weather forecasting these days. I'm not a pro met, but I'm outdoing them a lot just using my many years of knowledge on how things work around here with winter weather. It may be hard not to go with what the models say, but those models are hopeless when it comes to winter weather in the southeast. 

My selective memory, as some would call it, remembers most of the whoppers around these parts came from TX/LA with temps already freezing and the locals called them right back in the day.  The last several years all of the calls have been based on models which I would say don't even hit 50/50 South of Spartanburg.  Nowadays I usually ignore the hype, yet always hope for a good snow which rarely happens.  Last year was the worst with the local mets telling people to buy generators for prolonged power outages ($1000 a pop) and     warning that our roofs were going to cave in from the 10 inches of heavy snow. We got .02 inches from that one.  Something is wrong with the system whether the mods here like it or not.

4 minutes ago, thess said:

I'm a stone's throw from you off Barbee, so thanks again.

edit: nice to finally see some SoDu representation--always feel like I'm the only one here and my housing setup is terrible for nighttime obvs. 

I'm at Masey Chapel and Fayetteville Road in the same area. So there's a few of us.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived