Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

16 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Went out to officially measure.  Everywhere on the deck measures 1.5 inches.  It's been snowing for roughly 1.5 hours, so I guess I can say that I've been getting 1"/hr rates here.  Now, how long will these rates continue?  If it does this til 6 AM (as many models seem to indicate), I'm looking at 8+ inches.  That's a big IF, though.

Where are you?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, palmettoweather said:

Unfortunately, the sleet line is working its way above me and beyond in the western Upstate. 1/2 inch may end being all I see. Would be quite disappointing, but Correlation Coefficient line is walking well north of 85 here.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Mostly sleet in Powdersville with snow mixing in , just another typical western upstate warm nose. The models always under estimate it by 20 miles or so but more importantly the duration of qpf is being exhausted

2 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Been snowing beautifully and heavily for 2 hours, now. Everything covered. It's a shame it's not just a couple degrees colder, much of its melting as I've been at 33 the whole time. Have about an inch, but would have at least twice that with just a bit colder.

we have very similar conditions - I'm slowing inching towards 32

9 minutes ago, jrips27 said:

FFC cut totals. Still quite a bit on the NW side. Gonna have to rely on that deform band that has yet to form I guess. 

IMG_4329.JPG

im assuming that means snowfall and not snow accumulation. Because i've been stuck at 1.5" for over an hour and I don't see us getting another 3-4" of snow. Where is all this snow gonna come from ? Radar doesnt look good.

2 minutes ago, Bryan63 said:

Flakes starting to take over in Southpoint area, hopefully this is it for the rain and sleet. 

Thanks for this. We don't get many obvs down here and my apartment and deck back onto dark woods (peering out my windows is pointless till daylight and I'm not hardcore enough to get out of my jammies and schlep down to the front parking lot only to see rain). Please keep 'em coming. 

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived