Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CarlHill said:

Yep, our local channels really effed it up once again. Don't say bust though or the moderator will call you ignorant and that you should have been better informed. Where I live in here in Easley/Powdersville, it started snowing about an hour ago, still mixed with rain. Over half of the storm has passed so I'm cutting what Cessarich said in half. I bet 2 -3 inches here at most. I'm shocked to have this much after the rain this afternoon and dryness in the early evening. I really do not understand why no one around here can get it right year after year after year. I have lots of family in Simpsonville. I hope ya'll get something at least.  I think the temps were overblown on the models as usual.  If we had had the temps, then the precip would have been wrong. I miss 1988. Charlie sure got that one right without all of these fancy, inaccurate models.

Yeah something is wrong with a lot of our weather forecasting these days. I'm not a pro met, but I'm outdoing them a lot just using my many years of knowledge on how things work around here with winter weather. It may be hard not to go with what the models say, but those models are hopeless when it comes to winter weather in the southeast. 

Been pouring rain for 2+ hours near Ballantyne area of S. Charlotte.  Sleet started mixing in about 30 mins ago but it's 80-90% rain, and lots of it.  Maybe we will squeeze an inch or two overnight but it's a shame to see all this precip go down the drain, literally. 

6 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Surface temps here have really prevented this from being more significant than it otherwise would be. I'm still at 33 and have been for hours.

Meh, I've been at 30-31 since about 6:30pm, and in the same boat. Got about half inch of snow and otherwise its been rain/sleet the entire time. South side of Cumming.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived