Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, weatherheels said:

Ground is getting white in a hurry.   Anybody have observations from the heavier returns coming up I-85 where Davidson, Randolph and Guilford come together?  Is that heavy snow, or is it sleet mixing it?  

It's ice mixed in, decent flakes but you can hear it no doubt when I just went outside.

Hi everyone!  I'm just leaving my house in the southern part of Wilmington,  NC to begin this chase event.  Am tentatively going to position myself in Ahoskie...and readjust from there,  as necessary.   Ultimately,  I want to be in the Virginia Beach area to hopefully document any prospective blizzard conditions.   

Will provide updates throughout the night and also tomorrow.    Good luck, and I'm wishing all of us the best! :)

1 minute ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Hi everyone!  I'm just leaving my house in the southern part of Wilmington,  NC to begin this chase event.  Am tentatively going to position myself in Ahoskie...and readjust from there,  as necessary.   Ultimately,  I want to be in the Virginia Beach area to hopefully document any prospective blizzard conditions.   

Will provide updates throughout the night and also tomorrow.    Good luck, and I'm wishing all of us the best! :)

Stay safe and good luck !

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived