Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lookout said:

Well after a lull and light sleet..it's back to all moderate snow and I think that wraps up the sleet for the night

Temp was 33/34 for a while but the wind has p8cked up a little and its dropped to right at 32...interesting watching temps up this way as there is always a lag in freezing temps just west of here...must be topography related. 

send it to me down the street on HWY 211 in Braselton!!

Just now, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Had a mix in Easley for a few minutes, back to all rain. Temp 35. Guess the 925 & 850 we saw earlier wasn't accurate, or I have a warm nose at another level somewhere.

Its just taking its time changing over...painful to watch but it will happen. From models it was in the 8-10pm range here so right on schedule. Just gotta be patient.

Just now, audioguy3107 said:

Moderate to heavy sleet here just west of Buford, GA......snow shouldn't be far behind.......looks like temps are beginning to fall rapidly now across the NE metro Atlanta area.......here we go!

yeah, Just spoke to a buddy that lives in Buford... showed me a pic of the sleet on his deck.

1 minute ago, oconeexman said:

Its just taking its time changing over...painful to watch but it will happen. From models it was in the 8-10pm range here so right on schedule. Just gotta be patient.

but we want it NOW dangit lol. thats the hardest part is waiting...if i recall, most wanted it to be slower and delayed and not earier in the afternoon like a few models showed earlier this week.  for the most part it was supposed to be a friday night storm so it really should just about to get cranking.  hopefully after these few initials spurts, when the bulk moves in we can relax a little

6 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Had a mix in Easley for a few minutes, back to all rain. Temp 35. Guess the 925 & 850 we saw earlier wasn't accurate, or I have a warm nose at another level somewhere.

Iceage same here in Pendleton. From what Phil posted earlier tonight, he warned that 800mb might get above freezing, he seems to be dead on.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived