Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

40 minutes ago, audioguy3107 said:

I'm about 15 min. south of you here in Flowery Branch...I think if we can hold off the bulk of the precip for a few more hours, we may be in the jackpot zone........guidance has shifted the heaviest band just north of the city, but I assume that's because of the borderline temps.......curious to see how borderline they'll be in this area once 9 or 10 o'clock rolls around.

- Buck

Yeah..Radar looks great...think we will like the end results. 

Flurries have started here the past few minutes

32 minutes ago, drfranklin said:

thanks, we need more AL/GA obs

I hope we can get some under those heavy returns south of town..really curious to see if that heavy precip can force an early changeover

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Yeah..Radar looks great...think we will like the end results. 

Flurries have started here the past few minutes

I hope we can get some under those heavy returns south of town..really curious to see if that heavy precip can force an early changeover

Are you near downtown Gainesville?  If you're seeing flurries what's your temperature?  I just stepped outside work for a sec. and it just started sprinkling, saw someone earlier reporting sleet in Buford.

- Buck

2 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Do you have snow falling?

Light cotton balls falling ATM at 32 degrees. Drove home from work in WS around 4 pm when it was flurrying from first round. Saw mostly snow until around guilford alamance county line and then lots of sleet mixed in. Got home which is about 3 miles south of kbuy and some of sleet was collecting on grassy surfaces. After I got home, hit with heavy sleet before switch to snow that is falling now. This is about last of round 1. The temp got down to freezing and got to see it fall in daylight so a win times 2 so far.

11 minutes ago, audioguy3107 said:

Are you near downtown Gainesville?  If you're seeing flurries what's your temperature?  I just stepped outside work for a sec. and it just started sprinkling, saw someone earlier reporting sleet in Buford.

- Buck

I'm off of highway 53 just west of town. It's now a lot heavier but its mostly sleet with a flake or two. . Temp is 33/30. I wouldnt expect the sleet to last too long though. 

1 minute ago, audioguy3107 said:

Hard to believe how close the freezing temps are to us here on the NE side of Atlanta.......all we need is a couple more degrees before the heave stuff moves in and it could be jackpot time.  I'm cautiously optimistic seeing the returns way back in Alabama.

It isn't snow. It's sleet. Radar has been showing snow for the last 30 minutes. It's not. Its rain and sleet. At least for Bham. 

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived