joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that afternoon appetizer was pretty cool. Had monster sleet pellets with snow mixed in a times.  Some of them HUGE.  Was just enough to get a dusting of sleet if there is such a thing.  Now waiting on the main course.  18z NAM sounds look good in my area and should be all snow by 7-8pm with the main batch.

5 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

What a disaster! This precip will be over by 5, game over! Rain with 2 sleet pellets! Temp refusing to drop! 42

Temp is steadily falling in Easley with more and more sleet mixing in. This isn't remotely over. 

1 minute ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Well that afternoon appetizer was pretty cool. Had monster sleet pellets with snow mixed in a times.  Some of them HUGE.  Was just enough to get a dusting of sleet if there is such a thing.  Now waiting on the main course.  18z NAM sounds look good in my area and should be all snow by 7-8pm with the main batch.

I actually have a little ZR glaze on the bushes IMBY.   

7 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

You got any thoughts on what Northern Atlanta burbs see? HRRR has a raging sleet storm for most of the night and then turning to snow

2 minutes ago, WXinCanton said:

I actually have a little ZR glaze on the bushes IMBY.   

Nice.  I'm just over 33.  The shallow cold takes a little longer to get over the mountains over here sometimes.  LOL.

1 minute ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Umm, they decreased my overnight low tonight from 23 to 20. 18 in Carrollton tonight !

Carrollton will clear out quicker than we will.  Also the shallow lowest layer of cold air seeps down there first before it completely gets over the mountains up here.  No surprises there.  We still have that nice cold advecting NNW wind ready for the main event.

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived