Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MotoWeatherman said:

As they should.  The clouds just rolled in and I dropped 3 degrees just like that.  We are good man.  

+1 to this. With an approaching storm like this, crazy things can and often do happen. Enjoy the storm no matter what it brings. 4 inches is my call in Acworth.

4 minutes ago, LovingGulfLows said:

Anyone know where I can find a good website for current temps/dewpoints that is actually fairly accurate for your location? Wunderground is showing 38/16 for my area, but I don't believe the dewpoint is that low.

I use the SPC site. Gives good overall view.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=18&parm=ttd&underlay=0&source=1#

A couple of minutes of rain mixed with sleet, and now what appears to be all sleet, falling in NE Cherokee county.

(And our super decided to keep the kids in school the full day - elementary buses run at 2:45 and mid/high buses run at 3:45 - at least until they decide not to run them and tell us to come pick up our kids....)

39 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

RELAX....Winds are out of the NW.  We are under cold advection from the north.  Temps will drop just fine once the precip starts. 

yeah. if i were you I think I'd hoof it back to Carrolton.  From what I hear that is the bullseye.  ;-)

upglide must be starting to kick in.... on the phone so can't look up any charts but just visual obs the clouds have really lowered in the last 30 minutes and even had either drizzle or really tiny snow flakes hitting me in the face for a few minutes. It was really tiny and light so my guess is drizzle.

sitting at 42/28

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived