Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MotoWeatherman said:

35 and cloudy here in Dahlonega.  Sitting near the 12z GFS jackpot for GA so we shall see...LOL

I was surprised at the low levels of the dew points waking up this morning around our area. It would appear at this very early onset the cold air is entrenched better than the models suggested.  

2 minutes ago, Thrasher Fan said:

I was surprised at the low levels of the dew points waking up this morning around our area. It would appear at this very early onset the cold air is entrenched better than the models suggested.  

A reinforcing front went through overnight so this is as expected.  So far everything on track.  :)

Just now, CentralNC said:

Is there a good link anywhere to surface obs?  This forum is great but would be nice to see something consolidated. Thanks.

I've always found Weather Underground to be the best for these type deals when looking for numbers (temps, dew points, etc)

As for radar returns you can't go wrong with RadarScope.

33 imby... I do not really think it's going to hit our predicted high of 38.  We might hit 35 or so, I'd guess.

Am starting to get cautiously hopeful that we'll get 4" (my minimum to cover the grass hahaha).  I pretty much believed this would all pass south of here until last night.  But newer clown maps have shifted and put us in the 4-7" range depending on model.  I suppose it could still just... cold rain. :)

Stores here got cleaned out last night. I went out for next week's groceries this morning and it was all hands on deck restocking empty shelves.  One employee pulled out her phone and showed me photos she took this morning of the produce section completely empty.  Completely.  :lol:

Good luck everyone, stay safe and I hope you get whatever you're wishing for!

24 minutes ago, audioguy3107 said:

I really think those of us north of Atlanta will be OK as long as the temps don't rise much above 36-37.......staying out of the low 40's is critical.....good to see these low dewpoints in the area as well.

- Buck

Lol well I guess I'm screwed in dahlonega then because it's already 39

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived