Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 6-8 Winter Storm Observations

Wow

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31.2 in Hoover, AL -- starting to think temps won't be an issue at all to get at least a wintry mix. Now I just need the QPF to pull north a little bit. 

Birmingham did expand their Winter Storm Warning to include 8 new counties on the northern end. I guess this bodes well for me even though I was already in it before (but just by a mile or 2). I guess the models ticked a little wetter and a little further north overnight. Could be a significant ice storm in central Alabama!

2 minutes ago, localyokelweather said:

In Knoxville we have a dusting as of 9:05am. 

Light snow has been falling for about 30 min. 

I work at UT in Facilities Services and I installed this station this past summer; http://www.weatherlink.com/user/utfacilities 

- Current temp of 26°F 

Thats a heck of a commute! 

Good luck!

I guess it's time to switch over to the observation thread considering I am in West Georgia area....it's on top of us now, gotta move past the predictions and start watching.  Current projected high for my area is 35 and we are at 34.  Cloudy low overcast skies.  Feels like 28....it's in the air.  I agree.....a little anxiety now watching base radar and HRRR

1 hour ago, strongwxnc said:

wrad_us_loop-3.gif

sat_wv_us_loop-12.gif

Easy tabs to keep open on you computer. 

so two questions here:

Are there two sets of energy?  I see the state of TN covered up and then the buildup from the gulf.

Is it possible to see the cold air on sat imagery? I realize that's probably a dumb question...but it looks like that TN energy is blocking the cold air.

Thanks!

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived