Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1.5.17-1.6.17 Snow Event Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was deceptive as hell.  Only about 1/2" on the grass and sidewalks but the coldest areas including my car, had >2".  It finally started snowing after 8 pm last night and the dews finally increased after 9.

Will call it 2" after averaging a bunch of spots.  Considering the temps in the upper 20s (27 - 28) overnight, the consistency was pretty light and fluffy but not powdery nor heavy and wet.

14 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

There might be a cm of snow left on pavement in sunny spots here but my neighbor is definitely out there snowblowing. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is just tuning it up but he is going up and down the driveway and sidewalk and nothing is being expelled from the machine. Interesting.

lol.  He's been waiting all year to use that thing.  Nothing is going to get in his way now.   Literally.    

30 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

There might be a cm of snow left on pavement in sunny spots here but my neighbor is definitely out there snowblowing. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is just tuning it up but he is going up and down the driveway and sidewalk and nothing is being expelled from the machine. Interesting.

New machine? Can you hear him grumbling "$1000 and this is what I get this year"

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Ralph...

you really got me laughing on that one! Have a neighbor who does the same with his leaf blower in the fall and a prior neighbor who would snow blow the neighborhood streets as well as leaf vac the neighborhood curbs!!

2 hours ago, The Iceman said:

The light fluffy nature of the snow meant rapid melting today despite being below freezing all day. Lots of grass patches showing this evening in areas that got sun despite getting 2.5". Hopefully tomorrow we get a good surprise event. I'll take another inch though.

I noticed that.  Apparently some sublimation going on.

10 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

He's blowing virtual snow.

Archived