Newest Member
    joxey
1.5.17-1.6.17 Snow Event Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, zenmsav6810 said:

Douglassville is getting quite a wallop. coating down slippery roads coming home from work in Chester Co near pottstown. could I cash in on a second bullseye. the ice storm was pretty bad here a few weeks ago. 

Doubtful.  You'll see rates lower as coastal takes over

Just over .80" of light fluffy snow here on top of the car at 10 pm. Had bigger flakes (5/8" or so) then things quieted down for a bit, picking back up a little now with smaller flakes. Curiously there are a couple of spots on the driveway that are just wet, after a low this morning of 24F and a high of 34F with mainly cloudy skies. Right around where I put the snow pile too, yikes. Currently 28F.

Just crossed the 1 inch line in Levittown with moderate snow and good size flakes coming down now. Got to admit wasn't expecting over an inch for this but with how radar looks with several more hours of at least light snow, I think we have a good shot at 2. Crazy how excited I am over that :lol: my GF thinks I'm nuts staying up to watch it. 

12th day of Christmas, some regions of the world have a tradition of playing tricks on others on this date. Adjuster the timer on the holiday lights so they stay on late tonight.

Plus family Christmas is this Saturday and it has been rare over the years to have snow on the ground for that. 

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Just over .80" of light fluffy snow here on top of the car at 10 pm. Had bigger flakes (5/8" or so) then things quieted down for a bit, picking back up a little now with smaller flakes. Curiously there are a couple of spots on the driveway that are just wet, after a low this morning of 24F and a high of 34F with mainly cloudy skies. Right around where I put the snow pile too, yikes. Currently 28F.

Same here in National Park NJ...not even accumulating on the stepping stones in our flower bed, but sticking to grass/trees/cars...around or just over an inch on surfaces it has accumulated 

4 minutes ago, NJHurricane said:

Same here in National Park NJ...not even accumulating on the stepping stones in our flower bed, but sticking to grass/trees/cars...around or just over an inch on surfaces it has accumulated 

Up to an inch here at 11 pm also - like Paul the highest of the season....I guess a lot of us will be able to say that before the night is over. Nice to see the ground white with snow outside! 28F currently. Snow has lightened up a good bit but the radar looks promising.

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

Just now, I thought the same as I went outside and some people still have their lights up/on w/the snow falling.....

We got an extra tree and put it outside with lights since the one we used to put lights on got knocked over last year. You can bet it's on tonight :-). Saw a couple of deer walking near it earlier...

Archived