Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Ghost of '67 ?? - JB at WeatherBell

ChescoWx

Quite a long post from Mr Bastardi at WB - talking the ghost of '67

"Its still about 50 miles southeast of 82 and 1967. 67 was called a surprise blizzard because it came much faster than was on the radio, The snow was back into ACY by 8 pm Monday night after the arctic wave system had ended. Anyway its darn close to those storms, We covered 67 the other day and I hope you guys are getting a kick out of and old guy bringing up these storms. Its just that I researched each and every one of them, so when they show up, or I think they might show up , I share it with you. Its like the new Euro, which if you remember, I did that post on the high height snowstorms that can occur. In the meantime, I am sitting here in the Sahara Desert of Central Pa getting ready to watch micro flakes, but thats okay cause its exciting to watch all this. Watch Savannah and Hatteras. Those will be huge Inside of Hatteras thats how you get the foot from DC to Boston with this. 50 miles out its 6-12, 100 miles east 3-6, greater than 100 miles, then the big cities get missed by the bulk of it, I like the 3-6 option best big cities. But look this is now down to plotting maps tomorrow and tomorrow night. Watch the short when it gets into the plains ( dismissing it in the rockies is a non starter, models cant tell) and watch where the true front sets up near the SE coast. Gotta get old school tomorrow pm and night. The fact is the short wave in front of this is lifting up so fast its allowing this back in. That warm water you hate so much when those flakes turn to rain is your friend. And by the way, where it is snowing around noon Saturday north of the Mason Dixon line, its likely to be in the teens and low 20s . This is not a warm storm"

Archived