Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern System 1/5-1/8 2017 OBS

John1122

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, dwagner88 said:

Let's see some pics from those of you who cashed in last night! I need to live vicariously through you. My inch is rapidly vaporizing in the sun. 

Yup it may not last long even in the cold; I'm also in EB. Down to a half inch, but at one point overnight we had an inch of snow. Agree the graupel / grains period was not helpful, but overall I think we did well to get anything.

Might make a pilgrimage east so my kid (and I) can play in more snow. Happy for all east and north who did better than forecast. Enjoy!

About 2 inches here. Certainly an underachiever here as most short range models were spitting out 4-6 for my location and points in NETN. Had some good returns overhead for most of the system but not much was falling. Never got above a light snow the entire time.

But I will take it! I would much rather get 2 inches all snow then get mostly rain when a lot of snow was forecast.

8 minutes ago, dwagner88 said:

Beautiful! I'm surprised such a dry snow stuck so well to the trees, especially with the wind.

I was too.  It was a nice added surprise as I live in an area with a lot of pine and cedar, so it was a picture postcard morning.  I actually had to take a broom to my Leyland's.  Their weak lower branches looked like they were about to break.  Those trees aren't built to handle much ice or snow accumulation. 

20170107_103037[1].jpg

20170107_114618[1].jpg

The Sun is having trouble staying out here.  Right now dark, angry clouds are rolling over--like snow showers are trying to develop.

It's nice to finally have a good snow in early January when the sun is weaker due to the low angle in the sky.  This may actually stick around for a few days.

Nevertheless, it will be a dim memory by next weekend when 60's arrive. Sure hope that's a short-lived blowtorch. 

I said in the other thread I think MRX needs some credit for how they handled this. Their WSW was spot on except for the outer edge of it like where I live. 2-3" here. They went away from conservative forecasts. Good for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The developer of our subdivision has a farm just down from our house.  Every year when it snows he invites all the kids (and adults) to his farm to sled.  

He even helps the kids get to the top (it's a LONG run) by using his 4 wheeler and his time.  He stayed out there for 3 hours and made run after run after run with the kids.  Super nice guy and the kids (and adults) had an absolute blast..... we are blessed to live where we do.

IMG_4550.JPG

IMG_4552.JPG

IMG_4559.JPG

1 hour ago, tnweathernut said:

The developer of our subdivision has a farm just down from our house.  Every year when it snows he invites all the kids (and adults) to his farm to sled.  

He even helps the kids get to the top (it's a LONG run) by using his 4 wheeler and his time.  He stayed out there for 3 hours and made run after run after run with the kids.  Super nice guy and the kids (and adults) had an absolute blast..... we are blessed to live where we do.

IMG_4550.JPG

IMG_4552.JPG

IMG_4559.JPG

Very nice TNweathernut!

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived