SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southern System 1/5-1/8 2017 OBS

John1122

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been watching the Columbus MS AFB radar looks like the wave coming across SW TN is getting close to interacting with deeper moisture from the gulf.  I suspect that is about the moment it gets to E TN then enhances the moisture transport and lift out of NE AL into East TN.

Wave north of red line, Main system moisture south of red line:

Shortwave interaction.jpg

1 minute ago, ShawnEastTN said:

I think we lost the benefit of a moist column during the break during the afternoon from the snow showers and now we have to moisten again, but surely this will moisten quicker considering the source of moisture.

If I have your location correct, I'm seeing returns just to your south. Advancing northeastward.  I would hope you'll see some flakage shortly. 

Just now, ShawnEastTN said:

Yeah literally on my doorstep on MRX radar but not under returns yet on MRX.  Hytop shows light returns on me though.  

I'm not an expert, but I've noticed that the further the radar is from a location, the more expansive the returns are.  MRX is probably the more accurate at this point.

I've heard others mention "virga" storm.  I guess we'll see what happens when those returns are over your location.

2 minutes ago, JayCee said:

I'm not an expert, but I've noticed that the further the radar is from a location, the more expansive the returns are.  MRX is probably the more accurate at this point.

I've heard others mention "virga" storm.  I guess we'll see what happens when those returns are over your location.

Yeah I've noticed that too!  

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived